Senior Software Integration EngineerLocation: Washington, DC Categories: Software Engineering Req ID: 2023-7298 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Senior Software Integration Engineer to join our team of more than 1,500 employee owners. MTSI is dedicated to providing high caliber services to Department of Defense and Intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join our TEAM of highly skilled professionals.
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Senior Software Integration Engineer with MTSI, you will provide software development and integration guidance supporting development and sustainment of advanced military aircraft. Advise programs on system development, test, configuration management, and quality assurance. Work directly with the software IPT lead on insuring requirements are met. Serves on behalf of the Navy Program Office, embedded in the Air Force GPO.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Manage the software configuration control processes, ensure that relevant stakeholder requirements are met.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on adjudication of software deficiency reports.
- Provide expert consultation on quality assurance and software safety practices to a government/industry team.
- Provide software development expertise to anomaly investigations and system development IPTs.
- Advise the development of hardware and software functionality and performance specifications.
- Work with government and industry teams to develop test plans and evaluate results.
- 5+ years current experience developing software or managing software programs for real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of software computer design, development, test, integration and quality assurance
- Knowledge of data interface standards and communication protocols including RS-422, RS-485, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, Internet Protocol Communication, C, C++, Java, Jira, Confluence, Git, and VxWorks – Highly Desired
- Experience in Multi-Domain/Multi-Level Security architectures – Highly Desired
- System safety/airworthiness process experience for FAA or DoD certification – Desired
- Bachelor Degree (electrical, computer, systems, or software engineering or computer science) from an accredited university – Required
- Graduate Degree – Desired
- TS/SCI (top secret/SCI)
- Frequent Travel to Pax River
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.