Senior Software Integrator SMELocation: Washington, DC Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6965 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Software Integrator SME to join our growing team in Washington, DC.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Senior Software Integrator SMEyou will provide software development and integration guidance supporting development and sustainment of advanced military aircraft. Advise programs on industry best practices for embedded/real-time operating system development, test, configuration management, and quality assurance. Manages reporting of software program effort metrics, optimization, and modernization efforts.
Specific Job Duties:
- Manage the software configuration control processes, delivery, delivery metrics, and software quality efforts.
- Represent the program office in daily integration and optimization efforts.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on adjudication of software deficiency reports.
- Provide expert consultation on quality assurance and software safety practices to a government/industry team.
- Provide software development expertise to anomaly investigations and system development IPTs.
- Advise the development of hardware and software functionality and performance specifications.
- Work with government and industry teams to develop test plans and evaluate results.
- Manage daily/weekly system software delivery, velocity and metrics reporting
- Prepare and evaluate technical documentation supporting program development and sustainment
- Prepare information and decision briefings
- Support and advise airworthiness process for system development and modifications
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years recent (within 10 years) experience developing software or managing software programs for real-time operating systems – Required
- Knowledge of software computer design, development, test, integration and quality assurance – Required
- Knowledge of data interface standards and communication protocols including RS-422, RS-485, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, Internet Protocol
- Communication, C, C++, Java, Jira, Confluence, Git, and VxWorks – Highly Desired
- Experience in Multi-Domain/Multi-Level Security architectures – Highly Desired
- System safety/airworthiness process experience for FAA or DoD certification – Desired
Bachelor Degree (electrical, computer, systems, or software engineering) from an accredited university
- TS/SCI (top secret/SCI)
- National Capital Region (NCR)
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.