Technical Program Management & Acquisition SMELocation: Washington, DC Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7272 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
MTSI is seeking a Technical Program Management & Acquisition SME with a TS/SCI clearance to provide support to a Government Program Management Office/Program Manager at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, DC. The Technical SME Acquisition Program Manager’s primary focus will be to provide a wide range of program management, technical, and support services for a program. This individual will be responsible for balancing the many factors that influence a program’s cost, schedule, and performance; to interpret and tailor application of directives and regulations; and to ensure that high-quality, affordable, supportable, and effective products are developed, produced, and sustained throughout the lifecycle. This position may entail travel up to 50%, as required by the Government.
At MTSI, our more than 1,300 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Duties to be independently executed include but are not limited to:
• Apply knowledge and experience in pre-acquisition definition and capabilities’ integration of requirements, program management principles, and policies/procedures to assist the procurement of systems, sub-systems, and equipment throughout the total life cycle, in compliance with current Air Force regulations and guidelines.
• Apply integration, communication, coordination, organizational and planning expertise to technical research and development activities and acquisition across a broad spectrum of functional disciplines in order to assist with the implementation of program direction.
• Plan, organize, and manage critical aspects of the development, production, and/or development of systems, sub-systems, or equipment, to include managing program cost, schedule, and performance.
• Assist in the full spectrum of actions required to award contracts and contract modifications to other contractor(s) that may include pre-award documentation, assistance in the support of source selection activities, and post-award support activities.
• Assist in the development of pre- and post-award documentation.
• Assist in milestone planning, tracking, scheduling, briefing preparations, staff coordination, and decision documentation preparation.
• Gather data, conduct analyses, evaluation, and validations of acquisition programmatic documentation.
• Assist in program office surveillance of prime and subcontractor performance. Assist in determining program progress and communication recommendations to the government.
• Assist the program office in complying with tasks related to the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System, CONOPS, architectural views, security accreditations and certifications, acquisition reports, program management agreements, and memorandums of agreement.
• Assist the program office in complying with applicable statutory and regulatory guidance.
• Assist in the creation and approval of acquisition strategies, program planning and creation, early capability development strategies and project planning, and the transition of program execution to the appropriate Program Executive Officer.
• Develop integration plans and procedures, and organize resources to facilitate program transition activities.
• Develop and communicate roadmaps for programs and associated technologies and product lines.
• Establish trusted and influential relationships with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
• Work both individually and with a broader engineering, program management, and security team.
• Provide support for presentations and other office documentation.
• Work on multiple networks across various classification levels, adhering to all security policies, procedures, and processes.
• Active TS Clearance Required, SCI eligibility
• 15+years acquisitions experience with at least:
o 10 years in a systems program office/similar organization (dedicated matrix support to a Program Manager (PM), Program Executive Office (PEO) or Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) program integrator).
o 8 years in a program/project management position with cost, schedule, and performance responsibilities.
• Have experience working on classified and/or special access programs.
• Be a self-starter, thrive in a dynamic environment, and work well with other team members, members of the Senior Executive Service and senior military officers.
• Ability to coordinate with both internal and external organizations to accomplish common goals.
• Ability to multi-task and respond to quick turn-around requests.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams).
• Have a desire to learn new tools and adopt digital engineering business practices.
• Must be a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment, can accomplish high-level tasks independently, is skilled in problem definition.
• Must have a high level of motivation, be adept at exploring and learning about new technologies, and have a demonstrated record of successfully taking ownership and responsibility for projects.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to coordinate with both internal and external organizations to accomplish common goals.
• Must have the ability to multi-task, respond to quick turn-around requests, and produce quality products.
• Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Knowledge of current DoD acquisition regulations/policy and applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations.
• Knowledge of the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s framework, directives, and policies.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to use creativity, foresight, & mature judgment in anticipating & solving problems; apply competency in evolving, complicated situations.
• Must have knowledge of military platforms, systems, and operations.
• Must have experience with collaboration tools including, but not limited to: Confluence and/or Jira.
• Must be a team player and be able to work within all levels of a project team.
• Must have excellent time management, organizational & coordination, and presentation skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to own and complete complex tasks and shift from one task to another in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile work environment.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly translate client technical needs and assimilate project information.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.