UAS Program EngineerLocation: Washington, DC Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6645 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a highly skilled UAS Program Engineer to join our team supporting CBP-AMO Headquarters/UAS Program Management Office in Washington, D.C. You will support the Customs and Border Protection Air and Marine Operations Unmanned Aircraft System programs. This position will be located in Washington DC, and supports a hybrid work environment.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As a UAS Program Engineer with MTSI you shall assist CBP-AMO Headquarters/UAS Program Management Office in (Washington, D.C.) supporting Customs and Border Protection Air and Marine Operations Unmanned Aircraft System programs. This position supports a hybrid work environment.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Engineering and logistics planning for UAS systems.
- Support acquisition planning for UAS systems.
- Technical and systems evaluation of new systems, to include UAS aircraft, sensors and communications systems.
- Assist with development of Statements of Work, equipment lists, and technical data packages
- Coordinate and review final technical documentation to include specifications, engineering reports, and maintenance and user manuals
- Perform unmanned aircraft testing, to include test planning, range coordination, execution, data collection and analysis, post-test reporting, documentation, and briefing of test results of ground and flight tests and evaluations of aircraft and aircraft systems and sensors.
- Provide strategic guidance to CBP personnel engaged in UAS program development; this will include activities such as: maritime applications, increased weather capability, sensor development for maritime, border, and special location applications, improving UAS mission effectiveness, modelling and simulation, personnel staffing, data transfer input into and out of specified command and control facilities.
- Program development will be executed through the specified guidelines of current operational and procurement procedures established at CBP.
- Serve as a UAS program facilitator/ambassador to other governmental agencies requiring UAS services and/or operating UAS programs.
- 8 - 18+ years' of relevant experience in manned or unmanned aircraft system acquisition.
- 4+ years' DOD/DHS program experience in engineering and logistics.
- Familiarity with DOD aircraft and mission equipment, to include aircraft flight testing.
- Requirements Analysis and Management experience.
- Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) Documentation experience.
- Professional, effective communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- UAS experience.
- DoD Program/Project Management experience.
- Air Vehicle/Systems Engineering experience.
- DoD Programming, Planning, and Budgeting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering plus 12 years of relevant experience in manned or unmanned aircraft system operation and/or acquisition.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering plus at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- DoD (or DHS equivalent) Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA)/Acquisition Core Certified:
- Level III in Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering.
- Level III in Test and Engineering.
- Level II in Career Field Life Cycle Logistics.
- None to start, but must be Secret Eligible.
- Individual must submit to a CBP BI; a favorably adjudicated BI will be required to maintain this position.
- Active Secret Clearance, (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.