Journeyman Systems EngineerLocation: Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7133 Potential to Telecommute: No
Journeyman Systems Engineer shall have the engineering experience and capability to support assigned tasks. A Journeyman labor category is expected to independently perform all functional duties described below.
MTSI is a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: http://www.mtsi-va.com/
Contractor shall be familiar with the DoD acquisitions process.
• Be familiar with the DoD acquisitions process.
• Provide systems engineering process, requirements analysis, system design processes, system integration, requirements verification / validation, and Development Test / Operational Test (DT/OT) processes.
• Provide technical management of DoD contractors and is capable of managing the technical execution and evaluation of DoD systems, subsystems, and components during development.
• Evaluate technical proposals.
• Provide technical risk management.
• Develop technical engineering programs, plans, and objectives.
• Establish technical milestones for the progress of assigned systems through the total acquisition life cycle.
• Plan, program, coordinate, and control the technical executions of engineering functions to meet program requirements.
• Make formal and informal presentations and prepare technical reports and papers in the technical areas of expertise and participates in conferences and discussions relating to assigned systems.
• Apply knowledge and experience in engineering principles, criteria, and procedures to Air Force systems, subsystems, and equipment procurement activities, post award project/program management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life cycles.
• Apply engineering knowledge and experience to organize and manage resources and personnel needed to efficiently and effectively accomplish USAF and AFLCMC/WB acquisition objectives consistent with DoD 5000.02 policies and procedures.
• Reside in the assigned AFLCMC/WB Program Office space
• Possess a BS degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited college.
• A minimum of five years of electrical engineering / avionics engineering experience as a Department Of Defense (DoD) civilian or DoD contractor
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant DoD experience
o Two (2) of these years must be in a DoD acquisition program as either a sub-system or system lead engineer within a recognized ACAT I (or equivalent) special access program office.
o At least two (2) years of DoD SAP engineering experience must have accrued within the four (4) years prior to selection for employment under this contract.
• Possess an active Top Secret security clearance, based upon a Single Scope Background (SSBI or SBPR).
• Eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs (SAP) access
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.