Space Launch Program Support Management SpecialistLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7036 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
MTSI is searching for a Space Launch Program Management Specialist to support the United States Space Force (USSF) Space Systems Command (SSC) Rocket Systems Launch Program (RSLP). RSLP serves as the primary provider of Research & Development (R&D) launch services supporting National Security objectives and Missile Defense programs.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
MTSI is seeking a Space Launch Program Management Specialist to support the Rocket Systems Launch Program (RSLP) in the United States Space Force (USSF). RSLP provides launch services including flight test mission integration, program management, and other support to include mission planning, range services, and payload integration. RSLP provides launch services for orbital and suborbital missions to support a variety of Government customers. RSLP is also responsible for storage and sustainment of decommissioned Minuteman (MM) and Peacekeeper (PK) missile assets.
This fulltime position will be part of a team supporting RSLP in Albuquerque, NM. The Space Launch Program Management Specialist will be a mid-level expert at assessing Launch Vehicle (LV) requirements and designs, coordinating/monitoring development activities of Launch Service Contractors (LSC), tracking and verifying LV requirements and deliverables, identifying, and analyzing technical and schedule risks, developing and assessing mission budgets and supporting launch campaign activities.
Role and Responsibilities:
The primary roles and responsibilities for this position are to support suborbital/orbital space launch systems and services utilizing commercial and/or deactivated MM and PK assets. In addition, the candidate will support space-related program management and/or engineering activities to include: program strategies, Request for Proposals, design reviews, readiness reviews and mission execution. The Space Launch Program Management Specialist will fulfil the following duties:
- Provide LV systems engineering and program management support of RSLP LSC contracts
- Schedule, facilitate, and support integrated product team meetings, senior program management reviews, requirements, design & readiness reviews, technical interchange meetings and working group meetings
- Develop, coordinate, and provide configuration control of programmatic schedules, contract requirements, action items lists, meeting minutes, presentation materials, comment resolution matrixes and decision briefings
- Track the development of LSC mission hardware and software for completion of mission milestones and identify/analyze technical and schedule risks or issues
- Ensure proper application of National, DoD and USSF policies, prepare compliance documentation and assist in deviation and waiver processes
- Assist Government with analysis of on-orbit separation & collision avoidance, orbit lifetime, debris mitigation and reentry casualty expectation
- Review technical design documentation to identify and make recommendations on interface, integration and system testing requirements verification
- Support, manage and coordinate launch campaign activities to include facility support requirements, crew training & readiness, review of launch procedures, monitoring verification tests, spaceflight certification and readiness reviews
- Assess and document on-going or planned acquisition activities within RSLP, identify potential program risks and impacts to existing and future acquisition strategies, and recommend risk mitigation strategies
- Minimum of 5 years of space-related experience in program management, acquisition support, or engineering
- Experience in suborbital/orbital space launch systems and services
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multifaceted team of government and industry professionals
- Bachelor’s degree with a BS in engineering or related technical field is highly desired
- Excellent technical writing skills, the ability to clearly communicate and articulate ideas, recommendations, and alternative options to the Government and military customers
- Active DoD SECRET clearance required
- Systems engineering or systems integration experience
- Test and evaluation experience with aerospace systems
- USAF or USSF operational experience highly desired
- Experience with the Comprehensive Cost and Requirement System (CCaR)
- CSEP, PMP or APDP level II/III in SE or PM
- An applicable engineering degree from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or possess a Professional Engineering license.
- MA/MS/ME degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or a related field desired
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI)
- Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment.
- Full-time, on site in vicinity of Kirtland AFB, NM, and will require travel up to 30% of time within the continental United States.
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.