Space RCO – Program Management & Acquisition SupportLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Job ID: 2024-8726 Potential to Telecommute: No
A 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Engineering & Transformation, Space Systems, Unmanned Systems, Flight Test Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Cybersecurity, and DevOps for advanced defense and intelligence special programs. MTSI delivers first-choice capabilities to solve problems of global importance. We are proud of our proven track record of outstanding service and customer satisfaction.
We work hard to protect our reputation by providing quality technical and programmatic work and employing ethical, honest, and fair business practices. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
- Full Time
- Level: TS/SCI
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
When you join our engineering team, you'll collaborate on some of the most advanced development programs for our Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence customers. Together as a team, you will typically work on-site with our government customers to go above and beyond to deliver effective solutions. Come and join a 100% employee-owned workplace that encourages you to take control of your career success.
- Emotional Intelligence
Since 1993, co-founders have collaborated to put employees first and make our customers successful. When you work at a 100% employee-owned company, you're empowered to think and act like an owner. Whether you're interested in learning new skills or taking your career to the next level, we put our employees first so we can help make your professional goals happen. We believe that by investing in our people, we're investing in our company's future.
- Additional source of substantial retirement
- Employees share in ownership of MTSI without any personal contribution or
- Our ESOP is the best way to ensure we
maintain an enduring company
- Participants receive both allocations of the annual company contributions and growth in account value as the shares of stock may appreciate
I take pride in watching the contribution
that our people have made toward national priorities.
Chairman of the Board
Own your environment
See what it means to lead the nation’s defense and security.
At MTSI, we want our employees to live their best lives – personally and professionally. That’s why we offer employee-driven, industry-leading benefits and compensation, so you can explore and pursue passions. Most full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
20 days of PTO
and 10 Holidays per
Own Your Future.
MTSI is searching for a senior Program Management and Acquisition Support (PM&AS) professional to support development and acquisition of a classified spacecraft payloads and integrate data networks. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating space qualified hardware and software.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
MTSI is searching for a senior Program Management and Acquisition Support (PM&AS) professional to support development and acquisition of a classified spacecraft payloads and integrate data networks. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment. The candidate will apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership.
In this position, you will provide System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to the Space RCO at Kirtland AFB, NM. The Space RCO is one of three US Space Force acquisition organization and is the one specializing in delivering first-of systems to fill quick-turn needs to deliver operational capability to the USSF. For each project, they set up small, agile, and empowered teams to include program manager, technical specialists, contracting, finance, security, and the use right acquisition strategies to set the effort up for success. You will work in one of these small, highly empowered teams where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the program.
Role and Responsibilities*
- Serves as program advisory lead for high-visibility and extremely time critical programs.
- Supports and advises government program managers through all phases of acquisition to include requirements development, design, development, integration, test, delivery, and fielding.
- Assists acquisition planning, market research, and drafting technical requirements and documents.
- Supports acquisition strategy development and development of documents required for systems acquisition.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to verify program needs and identified to meet program goals.
- Helps the government assess the technical sufficiency, cost, quality, and timely delivery of program deliverables and supports program reviews.
- Translates complex ideas and data into simple, actionable recommendations or easily differentiated courses of action.
- Confers with other SETA and FFRDC to provide advice and to assist with problem resolution as needed.
- Supports management and execution of programs consisting of multiple projects--ensures overall program is properly coordinated and efficiently accomplished with the best available resources.
- Drafts, reviews, and edits final program reports, documents, and briefings.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy.
- Often briefs government senior leadership.
- Coordinates with external agencies to include operational units, higher headquarters, Combatant Command (COCOM) staffs, other acquisition activities, and research and development functions.
- Develops a Monthly Status Report on all efforts including updates on major activities, challenges, opportunities, deliverables, and subcontractor performance.
- Ten (10) years proven program management experience in DoD and/or IC system development and transition.
- Knowledge of space systems development, integration, test, and manufacturing.
- Understanding of ground systems supporting space operations and operational environments and corresponding mission user needs.
- Experience in DoD program management including program development and transition.
- Experience with requirements management and project planning.
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management.
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Understanding of space operational environments and corresponding mission user needs.
- Fifteen (15) plus years of proven program management experience in DoD and/or IC system development.
- Experience in supporting ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- DAWIA Level III Program Management certification.
- Experience in the development and fielding of satellites and associated ground systems.
- System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program offices.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and transition to production.
- Experience in planning and executing test campaigns for ground and space systems.
- Relevant BS and MA or MS degrees
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility.
- No less than five (2) years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience and 1-year total within last 5 years.
- Must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph.
- This position is full-time, on site at Kirtland AFB, NM and will require travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States.
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Senior Cybersecurity Systems Engineer Washington,DC 03/01/2024
- Space Tactics Subject Matter Expert (SME) Colorado Springs,Colorado 11/14/2023
- Senior Information Assurance Technical Expert -Cloud Wright-Patterson AFB,Ohio 03/01/2024
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you’ll receive the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.Sign Up For Job Alerts
Join Our Talent Community
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, event announcements and other career-related information.Join our talent community