IT Network Solutions ArchitectLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Information Technology Req ID: 2023-7497 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an IT Network Solutions Architect to support and advise government customer on the development and implementation of a collaborative environment for Modeling and Simulation (M&S) analysis at the Unclassified, Secret, Top Secret, and SAP levels.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visitwww.mtsi-va.com.
As an IT Network Solutions Architect with MTSI you will advise government customer on the development and implementation of a collaborative environment for Modeling and Simulation (M&S) analysis at the Unclassified, Secret, Top Secret, and SAP levels. The environment must allow analysts at contractor, FFRDC/UARC, and Government locations to work collaboratively at the appropriate classification level. Collaborative work includes shared modeling tools, deconfliction and configuration control of models, collaborative development of analysis out briefing materials, and archiving work for future reuse. This position will be located in the Alexandria, VA area.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- You will lead a team of engineers and knowledge managers to:
- Interview users to understand and capture system requirements.
- Design solution architecture, including connectivity, work stations, tools, and governance.
- Identify resource requirements and provide justification for funding.
- Develop implementation plan and schedule to ensure necessary M&S environment is online and available as needed for current and future analytic work.
- Oversee implementation.
- Conduct test and evaluation and identify solutions/work-arounds.
- You will serve as the principal advisor to the Mission Digital Ecosystem Division’s Chief Engineer (CHENG):
- Represent CHENG to seniors in his/her absence.
- Assist in developing and tracking Division lines of effort, deliverables, and schedule.
- Assist in providing weekly updates to Directorate leadership.
- Lead Division contractors in delivering results, identify resource shortfalls (equipment, personnel, etc.); assist in.
- 8+ Years' of related experience in cloud-based IT solutions and network architectures.
- Experience presenting technical solutions to decision-makers for action.
- Familiarity with cloud-based IT solutions and network architectures.
- Experience with facility, network and personnel security requirements for processing of classified data.
- Strong leadership skills, especially managing small teams doing technical requirements development or implementing technical solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 15+ Years' of related experience in cloud-based IT solutions and network architectures.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Field appropriate to the position (IT, STEM, Information Systems) or other related fields.
- Master's degree in Engineering or a related field, (DESIRED).
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with SAP experience, (DESIRED).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.