Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital EngineeringLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7325 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
"Own Your Future"... Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an MBSE Digital Engineer to support the Office of the Undersecretary for Defense for Research and Engineering Mission Integration Division (OUSD(R&E)) mission engineering, analysis, and integration expertise to produce objective insights and analytic justification to inform future technology and capability investment decisions within the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process and aid in the prioritization, alignment and validation of requirements within Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) to deliver modernized capabilities that enable an all domain joint force aligned with future Joint Warfighting Concepts.
At MTSI, our more than 1,700+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose from. We support some of the most important and critical programs to our national security and defense within aviation, space, ballistic missile and unmanned systems. We specialize in Systems engineering & integration, modeling & simulation, acquisitions & program support, test & evaluation, mission assurance & cybersecurity to name a few.
As an 100% employee owned company where culture matters we all have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers and we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future! As our first core value stats, MTSI is an "employees come first" company with over 29 years of consecutive growth sense 1993 and a 91% retention rate across our entire organization, we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Check out MTSI's 4.7 rating on GLASSDOOR
Day one all new co-owners start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days + 10 federal holidays/year with (flexible schedules), semi-annual bonuses, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, and eligibility to participate in our Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account. We also offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan.
For additional company information: www.mtsi-va.com
As a MBSE Digital Engineer with MTSI you will work as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of our customer's operations organization. As a systems engineering team member, you will work on all aspects of systems hardware and software - from design and analysis to integration and testing.
The team constructs, manages, and conducts discrete mission engineering and analysis study tasks to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies and capabilities applied in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives. This position will me located in the Alexandria, VA area.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- You will prepare acquisition documents.
- Generate system concept of operations and requirements documents.
- Critique contractor produced preliminary design and segment requirements.
- Participate in system testing and integration using model based systems engineering tools and techniques.
- Your work will encompass advanced systems, such as command and control elements and data processing systems.
- 1-3 years' of related professional experience.
- Experience with the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to systems engineering.
- Knowledge of recent experience integrating systems processes and/or software development methodologies, planning, designing and analyzing functional system processes - either hardware or software-based systems.
- Demonstrated ability to devise solutions for complex problems that require in-depth analysis of tangible and intangible factors.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team that may include engineers, scientists, designers, and technicians.
- Understanding of frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Tactical Open Government Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and languages such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) and System Modeling Language (SysML)
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management or sponsors.
- Understanding of multi-segmented system architecture utilizing tools such as:
- MagicDraw, IBM Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architecture (EA) or Cameo EA Suite.
- Proficient using systems engineering modeling tools (e.g. CORE, Cameo Systems Modeler, MagicDraw or MapleMBSE) to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification & validation, and continuing throughout development and later life-cycle phases.
- Understanding of versioning control and database management.
- Engineering experience with designing, assembling or testing applicable military hardware.
- Experience and a demonstrated record of success developing and implementing innovative solutions for a diverse range of highly complex multi-disciplinary problems and devising corrective actions where necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Master's degree in systems engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience, (DESIRED).
- Active SECRET clearance to start.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility, (DESIRED).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.