Principal Cloud ArchitectLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7042 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
MTSI is looking for a Principal Cloud Architect to join our team in Alexandria, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E) Mission Integration Division mission engineering, analysis, and integration experience to produce insights and analytic justification to inform future technology and capability investment decisions with Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process and aid in the prioritization, alignment, and validation of requirements within Joint Capabilities Integration, and Development System (JCIDS) to deliver modernized capabilities that enable an all domain joint force aligned with future Joint Warfighting Concepts. The team constructs, manages, and conducts discrete mission engineering and analysis study tasks to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies and capabilities applied in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives.
As a Principal Cloud Architect with MTSI, you will work as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of the customer’s operations organization. You will work on all aspects of requirements elicitation, architecture development, high level cost estimation, and oversee the deployment of an environment to enable the execution of mission engineering studies.
- Lead efforts in defining, designing, documenting, and estimating costs for the development and deployment of an enterprise infrastructure solution for Mission Integration
- Identify and monitor deficiencies in current-state environments
- Apply principles and standards to ensure to ensure solution decisions enable the deployment of a scalable solutions framework to accommodate demand signals from outside of Mission Integration
- Capture requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, and operating system environment, on- prem, hybrid and cloud topologies, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, system inputs and output.
- Create overall solution architecture, inform component designs, and systems integration and implementations for a particular business solution.
- Collaborate with commercial and government infrastructure organizations to evaluate and recommend solutions to address needs and requirements
- Produce relevant solution design artifacts including but not limited to technical estimates, conceptual, logical and physical system designs, sequence diagrams, and data models
- Coordinate new system development to ensure consistency and is well-integrated with existing application systems, and COTS and GOTS solutions
- Collaborate with primary stakeholders and their representatives to capture additional infrastructure requirements to inform road mapping activities
- Develop roadmaps and strategies to support Mission Integration’s key performance indicators
- Develop an understanding of cybersecurity needs to ensure compliance with the appropriate standards and authorizations
- Oversee the deployment of the infrastructure
- Understand technology trends and practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable digital engineering techniques for Mission Engineering
- Review and coordinate the allocation of funding necessary to operationalize the environment
- Maintain records of licenses purchased and provisioned to each system associated with the environment
- 7+ years of hands-on design and implementation of IT solutions
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying on-prem or cloud-based and hybrid infrastructure architecture solutions
- Experience in application migration
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud)
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements
- 10+ years of hands-on design and implementation of IT solutions for government customers
- Certification and/or experience with multiple public cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e., Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio).
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms
- Experience deploying infrastructure to support Digital Engineering tools, processes, environments
- Competency with XML constructs and schemas
- Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST
- Knowledge of API design & management, Java, Kubernetes, database systems, and serverless computing
- Experience with secure systems/multi-level networks to inform solution architecture design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related engineering discipline
- Master’s degree in related discipline is desired
- Current TS (SCI eligibility required); Active TS/SCI clearance is desired.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.