Skillbridge Program Internship for Service MembersLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Human Resources Req ID: 2022-6644 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Own Your Future.
This MTSI SkillBridge Program Internship is an opportunity for a Service member to gain valuable civilian work experience and qualification through a specific internship during the last 180 days of service. This program allows a Service member an invaluable chance to work and learn in a civilian career area. For MTSI, SkillBridge is an opportunity to access and leverage the world’s most highly trained and motivated workforce. The Service member participating in SkillBridge receives their military compensation and benefits, and industry partners provide the training and work experience. Release for SkillBridge is always mission-dependent and your unit Commander must authorize participation prior to entering into any agreement.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
- Develop program management, systems engineering or cyber security qualifications through education via Defense Acquisition University and customized MTSI training. The capstone event for this training is a professional certification (PMP from PMI, ASEP from INCOSE or CISSP from ISC).
- Experience one-on-one interviews with representatives from program functional staffs centered around responsibility overviews and key challenges.
- Attend weekly mentoring conversations with supervisor centered around education, professional engagements, supervision and functional staff.
- Gain hands-on experience on an MTSI innovation or commercial cyber security project.
1 year leadership in relevant field
- Demonstrated analytical, communication and personable skills
- Any rank, enlisted or officer, may apply for SkillBridge.
- Bachelor of Science (any)
- Secret Clearance
- Requires familiarization with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Missile Kinematic Analysis, Communication Skills, Project Management, Safety/Risk Management, Intelligence Analysis, and Quantitative Data.
- Your resume should contain prospective dates for your internship and include your planned end of service date.
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.