Model-Based Systems Engineer/MBSELocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7397 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
MTSI is seeking a senior systems engineer with a strong subject matter expertise in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) to provide technical and programmatic advice and support services on a suite of advanced weapon systems, sensors and computer processing-related technologies and programs. This individual will provide technical expertise and support to a Government Program Management Office/Program Manager at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH & may be required to travel up to 50%, as requested by the Government.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Duties to be independently executed include but are not limited to:
• Assess user and system requirements and recommend the best overall system architecture.
• Establish test requirements, plans, and execute testing to verify system design and performance.
• Prepare software system architectures & models to specify operations to be performed by computer software.
• Formulate system specifications in accordance with applicable standards and work with the software engineering teams to ensure that user requirements and specifications are met in the software systems’ design.
• Ensure system maintenance and maintain adequate software systems’ documentation.
• Perform technical assessments of vendor technologies.
• Interpret information support plans, DoDAF/architectural diagrams, and other applicable documentation.
• Develop integration plans and procedures and organize resources to facilitate program transition activities.
• Demonstrate and utilize subject matter expertise in MBSE, including tools such as Cameo MagicDraw and/or languages such as SysML, to help the Government with the various technical requirements and needs.
• Document engineering activities, including writing reports, analyzing data, and making recommendations to the leadership.
• Develop and communicate roadmaps for programs and associated technologies and product lines.
• Establish trusted and influential relationships with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
• Work both individually and with a broader engineering, program management, and security team.
• Use experience, technical education, resources, and creativity to assess a variety of technologies for military applications.
• Provide support for presentations and other office documentation.
• Work on multiple networks across various classification levels, adhering to all security policies, procedures, and processes.
• Minimum 5 years of DoD systems-related engineering experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise in MBSE concepts with a minimum 2-3 years of active development experience in Cameo.
• Good knowledge of networking, communications, and datalinks.
• Must be familiar with information support plans and DoDAF and/or SysML architectural diagrams/views.
• Must have prior experience doing technical assessments & exposure to various military-related technologies.
• Minimum of Secret Clearance is required. Must be capable of obtaining a TS/SCI clearance.
• Must be a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment, can accomplish high-level tasks independently, is skilled in problem definition, and works well with other team members and customers.
• Must have a high level of motivation, be adept at exploring and learning about new technologies, and have a demonstrated record of successfully taking ownership and responsibility for projects.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to coordinate with both internal and external organizations to accomplish common goals.
• Must have the ability to multi-task, respond to quick turn-around requests, and produce quality products.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to use creativity, foresight, & mature judgment in anticipating & solving problems; apply competency in evolving, complicated situations.
• Must have knowledge of military platforms, systems, and operations.
• Must have experience with collaboration tools including, but not limited to: Confluence and/or Jira.
• Must have knowledge of overall Air Force structure, directives, and policies.
• Must be a team player and be able to work within all levels of a project team.
• Must have excellent time management, organizational & coordination, communication, and presentation skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to own and complete complex tasks and shift from one task to another in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile work environment.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly translate client technical needs and assimilate project information.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.