Modeling Simulation and Analysis EngineerLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Analyst Req ID: 2022-7030 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Modeling Simulation and Analysis Engineer tasks focus on technology development efforts for air systems survivability and lethality to defeat emerging threats. The principal objective of the Modeling Simulation and Analysis Engineer is to assess industry models and Concept of Operations and provide feedback to the customer engineering team on feasibility and applicability to current warfighter needs. The Modeling Simulation and Analysis Engineer conducts first-principle analysis to identify top-level strategic and tactical issues and recommend additional operations analysis tasks. Systems and data analysis duties will be the highest priority for this position while the technical support is secondary and is expected to vary based on the selected individual’s background/expertise. The ideal candidate for this position possesses skills in forming conducting independent data analysis and verification/validation of industry or other models and assessments, guiding the analysis and tool development, establishing metrics, and interpreting the results.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Modeling Simulation and Analysis Engineer duties include:
• Create models/simulations of advanced technology systems/sensors in AFSIM and conduct analysis to support technology demonstration efforts
• Work with systems engineers to refine analysis plans or objectives to aid technology development
• For identified threats, lead creation of analytic trade space to understand US capability gaps
• Interface with Intelligence Community (IC) to identify threats to US multi-domain kill chains
• Ensure accuracy of analysis trade space with regard to Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures
• Assist in annual program planning and prioritization of analysis topics
• Identify stakeholders and coordinate review of analysis results to aid investment decisions
• Participate in or lead working groups with intelligence and operational community members
• Represent the organization to major stakeholders: Air Staff, MAJCOMs, COCOMs, System Program Offices, Intelligence Community, Test & Evaluation, and/or operational squadrons
• Assist government engineers by tracking and monitoring contractor performance in accordance with government CDRLs, SOW and clauses for Operational Analysis efforts
• Provide honest, objective status updates on analysis efforts to all program personnel
• Provide technical support to the customer team
o Communicate technically and operationally complex material to senior decision makers
o Provide awareness of lessons learned from past experiences to customer team
o Provide recommendations for programmatic, financial, or technical decisions to engineers
o Assist in identifying and mitigating risks to programs and/or the capabilities being developed
o Advise engineers with regards to developments or opportunities for collaboration amongst industry, university, foundation research, or other government organizations
• Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
• A Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) from an ABET accredited university or Operations Research is highly desired, however relevant experience may serve as a substitute for a STEM degree. For this position, relevant experience would be defined best by 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following subject areas:
o Experience performing data analysis and modeling of strategic and tactical warfighting CONOPs
o USAF, USN or USA Weapons Systems; Avionics & Operational Employment
o Threat system knowledge (ground, air, and/or space)
o Understanding of air systems survivability & lethality assessments
o DoD acquisitions; requirements, planning & systems design
o DoD Modeling & Simulation Enterprise or Tools: AFSIM, BRAWLER, ESAMS, STK, TMAP, etc
Additional qualifications for this position include:
o Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
o Strong attention to detail and analytic acumen
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
o Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
o Good interpersonal skills in an environment with top tier coworkers
o Ability to sit in front of a computer for many hours a day
o Familiarity and/or proficiency in programming language is not required but will be viewed favorably: Python, Matlab, C++, etc
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.