M&S Financial AnalystLocation: Colorado Springs, Colorado Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7161 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a M&S Financial Analystin Colorado Springs, CO.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- Lead and assist the development of innovative methods and tools that support the financial and contract activities and tasks
- Assist with developing and maintaining financial data files, tools and reports for program execution reviews, requirements tracking, earned value management, and budget management.
- Interpret and analyze financial data, to include earned value and provide estimates, forecasts, risks, and recommendations
- Participate in the development and maintenance of detailed year of execution spend plans and tracking of current year obligations, cash release, accruals, and expenditures
- Lead and assist with the development of Future Years Defense Program (FYDP) plans
- Prepare documentation necessary to transmit funding to internal MDA and external customers and/or performers
- Analyze and recommend business case solutions and improvements for near-term and long-term planning initiatives
- Perform research and analysis on a wide range of strategic initiatives
- Identify process improvements and workforce efficiencies to improve program effectiveness and cost savings
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Qlik or Power Business Intelligence (BI) business analytics software required
- BS/BA with 7+ years of experience financial work in the Missile Defense System domain or other complex DoD program/project
- Goal-oriented with excellent people skills, ability to work in a team environment, strong work ethic and proactive in all manners related to the job
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Experience developing and manipulating relational data tables and Pivot tables
- Experience working with a mix of engineering, business financial management and contracting communities to develop sound engineering, business and contracting solutions
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with technical, financial, contracting and industry teams to understand key processes and deliverables
- Clear and effective oral and written communications skills with the capability to draft templates, memorandums, executive summaries, briefings, trip/meeting reports, and other written documentation
- Experience and/or understanding of government Support Agreements and the IAR/Acquisition processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance; work is on government site
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $97,000/year to $118,800/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on established government contract rates, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, and other factors. MTSI also offers a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via MTSI’s internal or external careers site
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.