Mission Support TechnicianLocation: Colorado Springs, Colorado Categories: Administrative/Clerical Req ID: 2023-7513 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Mission Support Technician to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO. As a Mission Support Technician with MTSI you will provide the leadership team with mission-focused organizational skills and support enhanced internal and external communications.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As a Mission Support Technician you will provide the leadership team with mission-focused organizational skills and support enhanced internal and external communications. This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
Provide Material Leader, Deputy, and Superintendent with mission-focused organization and enhanced staffing capabilities.
Support effective internal and external unit communications.
Review, assess and prioritize tasks from Task Management Tool (TMT).
Organize/assign mission-related tasks to appropriate personnel; upload responses and close taskings in TMT.
Prepare correspondence, track suspenses, organize & manage records, and support financial duties.
Review, update and tailor mission briefings, talking papers and financial correspondence to ensure accuracy and currency.
Review, monitor, edit and track personnel and manpower programs, such as personnel rosters, awards, evaluations, decorations, and other key duties as required.
In accordance with leadership priorities, manage/deconflict mission resources (conference rooms, VTCs, official calendars) and schedule meetings/events.
Assist with other duties to include but not limited to: Unit Deployment Manager, Organizational Defense Travel Administrator, Equipment Custodian, Unit Training Manager, Air Force Personnel Accountability and Assessment System Coordinator, Individual Mobilization Augmentees Coordinator, and Management Internal Control Toolkit.
- 5+ years’ experience in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Building/editing briefings using PowerPoint.
- Building/editing spreadsheets using Excel.
- Building/editing Background/Talking Papers using Word.
- Experience with PDF (OPRs, signature documents, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to shift from one project to another in an agile work environment.
- 10+ years’ experience in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Understanding/experience in Mission Area.
- Strong motivation to expand knowledge and skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve bureaucratic problem areas.
- Associate's of science degree or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- This position will require overnight travel up to 10 percent of the time.
- Trip durations may range from overnight to several weeks.
- Active DoD Secret clearance to start.
- Top Secret with SCI Eligibility, (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.