Program Director, Space Software Development ServicesLocation: Colorado Springs, Colorado Categories: Program Management Req ID: 2023-7486 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Program Director, Space Software Development Services to join our team. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Position Overview: The Program Director will lead MTSI’s support of SSC’s Cyber Operations. This program office procures software development services in support of the defense of national security assets both ground and space based using DevSecOps of services in an agile development process environment. The efforts must result in a fieldable set of products to maintain and enhance the cyber security of USSF and USAF mission systems.
Background:The United States Space Force (USSF) is leading the effort in defensive cyber operations and continues to codify command and control (C2) roles and responsibilities to facilitate rapid identification, reporting, and response of anomalous cyber activity within the space enterprise and integrate threat-based intelligence at all operational levels. The long-term strategy involves a common ground architecture providing centralized management and control of satellite operations through Enterprise Ground Services (EGS), resulting in a truly integrated space enterprise. MTSI will lead collaboration and cooperation across space acquisition, space and cyberspace operations, and commanders at all levels is required to apply a risk-based approach (both mission and system risk) to establish enterprise-wide situational awareness in the cyberspace domain
- Deliver space enterprise protection and threat detection, identification, protection, and response capabilities
- Continuously integrate and develop cyber operations product lines to accommodate current and future mission systems
- Provide operationally relevant cyberspace capabilities with current product lines through iterative development to meet mission needs
- Support legacy mission systems innovation and modernization during transition to other enterprise-level ground systems
- Incorporate advanced and persistent threat analysis and abatement from an enterprise level and deploy to mission system hardware and future space vehicle integration capabilities
- Minimum fifteen (10) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of agile methodologies and agile program/project management, classified work location access, and classified mission system interactions
- Excels at leading through influence with cross functional teams
- Exceptional knowledge of budget-based scope of work determinations, project tracking to include cost, resource management, work plan scheduling
- Proven ability to interface internally and externally at executive levels; ability to gain support and buy-in from all levels of leadership and staff.
- Understanding of operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, Statements of Work / Performance Work Statements, and risk management
- Ten (10) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI
- Experience in System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Gov’t program office
- Experience with the following programs:
- Manticore out-of-band defensive cyber for “Identify and Detect” capabilities
- Kraken in-band defensive cyber for “Protect/Respond” capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related field (required)
- Desired Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility
Location / Travel Requirements:
- Full-time, on-site in vicinity of Peterson SFB, CO. Will require travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $190,500/year to $230,500/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on established government contract rates, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, and other factors. MTSI also offers a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via MTSI’s internal or external careers site
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.