Aegis SM-3 Modeling & Simulation Systems EngineerLocation: Dahlgren, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7016 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Aegis SM-3 Modeling and Simulation Systems Engineer in Dahlgren,VA.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- Support future development, system engineering, and battlespace engineering for SM-3 guided missile program office (MDA ABG)
- Address MDA ABG assignments associated with development of advanced technology, both software and hardware, to enhanced missile performance in areas like advanced discrimination, mitigating obsolescence, enhanced raid performance, and increased reliability.
- Act as MDA ABG subject matter expert representative in variety of integrated product teams associated with modeling and simulation, model-based systems engineering, and interface working groups.
- Coordinate with MDA ABG Engineering Team members to obtain input and content specific to their assignments and areas of expertise as it applies to the development of advanced capabilities for the SM-3 product lines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- US Citizenship with Active Secret Clearance
- BS degree in STEM
- 7+ years of related experience working on DoD or missile defense programs
- Works Independently, as a team member, or leading teams/tasks
- Ability to apply Engineering rigor to solve engineering/scientific problems
- Familiarity with Navy Weapon Systems
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Prior experience with Aegis Weapons Systems
- Experience with Missile Systems Engineering
- Technical experience in one of the following areas: Fleet operations, systems engineering, missile systems, Aegis Qualifications, MBSE, etc
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.