Senior Systems EngineerLocation: Dahlgren, Virginia Categories: Systems Engineering Req ID: 2023-7404 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
MTSI is seeking a qualified Senior Systems Engineer in Dahlgren, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
- Provide Systems Engineering support for the Missile Defense Agency Sea-Based Weapon Systems Futures Systems Architect; Requirements and Threat Lead Engineer; and the Chief Systems Engineer.
- Develop program plans, plan of action and milestone (POA&M) recommendations, and prepare executive level briefing packages and formal documentation. Prepare alternative courses of action analysis and executive level results presentation.
- Produce, review and manage engineering documents. Prepare technical and position papers, engineering briefs, schedules and risk management documents.
- Interface with internal and external MDA activities, Navy programs, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Lincoln Laboratory and industry partners. Coordinate and manage program activities across OGAs.
- Self-motivated, possess strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic program office.
- Will be responsible to the Chief Engineers and Chief System Engineer to assess and identify gaps in current baseline technical and operational capabilities as well as identifying areas for potential modernization of existing baseline.
- Will be required to resolve complex technical issues as well as provide potential solutions to senior members of the Program Offices as well the Missile Defense Agency and NAVSEA pertaining to ship and weapons system modernization.
- Apply disciplined systems engineering practices, identify and resolve complex problems associated with technical performance requirements, systems engineering, and performance trades.
- Assist in the application of innovative digital engineering and agile acquisition processes in the execution of assigned tasks.
- US Citizenship with Active Secret Clearance
- Master’s Degree in a STEM Discipline
- 12+ years of related experience working on DOD or missile defense programs
- Works Independently, as a team member, or leading teams/tasks
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic program office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to apply Engineering rigor to solve engineering/scientific problems
- Ability to provide program oversight and recommendations for resolution of complex technical issues to Senior Leadership within the Program Office and MDA Leadership
- Familiarity with Navy Weapon Systems
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Prior experience with Aegis Weapons Systems
- Technical experience in one of the following areas: Fleet operations, systems engineering, missile systems, Aegis Qualifications, etc.
- Prior Program Office Experience
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.