5th Generation Mission Systems Operator/EngineerLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California: Palmdale, California Job ID: 2023-8021 Potential to Telecommute: No
A 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Engineering & Transformation, Space Systems, Unmanned Systems, Flight Test Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Cybersecurity, and DevOps for advanced defense and intelligence special programs. MTSI delivers first-choice capabilities to solve problems of global importance. We are proud of our proven track record of outstanding service and customer satisfaction.
We work hard to protect our reputation by providing quality technical and programmatic work and employing ethical, honest, and fair business practices. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
- Full Time
- Level: Secret
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
When you join our engineering team, you'll collaborate on some of the most advanced development programs for our Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence customers. Together as a team, you will typically work on-site with our government customers to go above and beyond to deliver effective solutions. Come and join a 100% employee-owned workplace that encourages you to take control of your career success.
- Emotional Intelligence
Since 1993, co-founders have collaborated to put employees first and make our customers successful. When you work at a 100% employee-owned company, you're empowered to think and act like an owner. Whether you're interested in learning new skills or taking your career to the next level, we put our employees first so we can help make your professional goals happen. We believe that by investing in our people, we're investing in our company's future.
- Additional source of substantial retirement
- Employees share in ownership of MTSI without any personal contribution or
- Our ESOP is the best way to ensure we
maintain an enduring company
- Participants receive both allocations of the annual company contributions and growth in account value as the shares of stock may appreciate
I take pride in watching the contribution
that our people have made toward national priorities.
Chairman of the Board
Own your environment
See what it means to lead the nation’s defense and security.
At MTSI, we want our employees to live their best lives – personally and professionally. That’s why we offer employee-driven, industry-leading benefits and compensation, so you can explore and pursue passions. Most full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
20 days of PTO
and 10 Holidays per
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a 5th Generation Mission Systems Operator/Engineer to join our growing team at Edwards Air Force Base in Lancaster, California.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
To support Joint Simulation Environment (JSE) Operations, the successful applicant will possess the ability to understand air vehicle mission system architecture, design and subsystems integration and mission systems avionics. The selected candidate will have 5-20 years hands on experience (salary will be competitive, based on experience) with aerospace systems, including a minimum of 1 year experience working with 5th generation aircraft and/or sensors fusion.
The 5th Generation Mission Systems Operator/Engineer will:
• Support and assist in developing test planning, test conduct, test processes, test reports, operation procedures, data deliverables
• Configure the battle space, post-test reconfigurations and preparing the virtual environment with customer defined threat laydowns
• Develop and implement threat configurations, SUT configurations and weapons configurations.
• Execute range support missions and act as an operator within JSE
• Instruct, mentor and demonstrate to fellow operators and engineers the threat system, operations, sensor systems, communication and navigation systems, and PVI
• Support modeling and simulation support for the development, upgrade, operations and integration of live, virtual, and constructive simulations of flying quality, air-frame, propulsion, avionics, sensors, weapons, and electronic warfare mission areas
• Provide engineering support for test planning working groups, design reviews and any other related testing activities
• Develop JSE Operations training programs and department policy
• Possess recent 5th generation fighter program experience as either a pilot, test engineer or developmental engineer
• Possess subject matter expert level knowledge of fifth generation aircrafts mission systems design and integration and sensors fusion through recent experience as a pilot or engineer in either a test unit (DT or OT), or developmental organization (Air Force or contractor)
• Build a detailed understanding and knowledge of Joint Simulation Environment (JSE) capabilities and limitations, and use that knowledge to advise DT and OT organizations to optimize their use of the JSE
• Possess and use excellent written and oral communication skills as well as persuasion skills to advocate for various JSE stakeholder needs
• Mentor junior employees and actively participates in their professional development
• Maintain a willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs
5+ years of direct hands on experience designing, operating, or testing aerospace systems, including a minimum of 1 year working with 5th generation aircraft or sensor fusion.
The following experience is desired but not required:
• Graduate of an accredited Test Pilot School is desired
• Developmental Test and Operational Test operations experience is desired.
• Previous experience as a Military Pilot, Test Conductor or Test Director is desired.
• Experience with or knowledge of systems engineering processes and procedures is desired.
• Experience leading cross functional teams comprised of engineering, operations, integration, program management and technicians to successfully execute development and fielding of complex products is desired.
BS in engineering or equivalent with number of years of experience determining level of position filled.
Active Secret Clearance and ability to attain TS/SCI, and appropriate program access required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
The pay range for this position in California is $110,000/year to $185,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on established government contract ranges, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, and other factors. MTSI also offers a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via MTSI's internal or external careers site.
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Space Tactics Subject Matter Expert (SME) Colorado Springs,Colorado 11/14/2023
- Senior Information Assurance Technical Expert -Cloud Wright-Patterson AFB,Ohio 03/01/2024
- Information Technology Intern Huntsville,Alabama 03/01/2024
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you’ll receive the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.Sign Up For Job Alerts
Join Our Talent Community
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, event announcements and other career-related information.Join our talent community