Operations Engineer - RF / IR / COMLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7060 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Ops Engineer - RF/IR/COM to join our growing team at Edwards AFB in California.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days of PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The Operations Engineer will assist the government with developing operations procedures for a new generation simulation environment intended to test a variety of new and existing platforms. This individual will develop simulation scenarios and verify scenario functionality across all simulation areas, but especially within the Radio Frequency (RF), Infrared (IR), or communication/datalink domains.
An Operations Engineer will:
• Possesses a thorough understanding and working knowledge of RADAR, IR sensors, and/or modern airborne communication/data link systems
• Use customer documentation to develop simulation scenarios using Next Generation Threat System (NGTS), Digital Integrated Air Defense (DIADS), and other components used in the simulation environment
• Understand the drivers of signatures within their domain and can ensure scenarios accurately represent the desired platforms
• Develop simulation equipment startup and shutdown procedures
• Operate the simulation equipment during simulation event execution
• Assist with the execution of system Verification and Validation plans
• Develop final data product formats and deliverables for simulation environment customers
• Mentor junior employees and actively participates in their professional development
• 8+ years developing and or analyzing RF, IR, or Com systems
• Possess and use excellent written and oral communication skills as well as persuasion skills to advocate for various stakeholder needs
• Maintain a willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs
• BS in Engineering required. MS in engineering/science related field preferred.
• Active Secret clearance. Candidates without a clearance may be considered. Active Top Secret clearance preferred, with the ability to attain SCI and appropriate program access is required.
U.S. Citizenship required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.