Sr. Flutter and Vibrational EngineerLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6762 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Sr. Flutter and Vibration Engineer to join our growing team at Edwards Air Force Base in Palmdale, CA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
• Perform structural flutter and vibration analysis on metallic and composite airframe structures
• Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives
• Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines
• Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives
• Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness
• Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications
• Reviewing contractor and government prepared technical data to assess readiness for flight testing
• Writing and reviewing test plans for military aircraft structural flight test
• Participating in real-time execution of structural flight test programs in a safety critical role
• Reviewing and analyzing flight test results
• Writing technical flight test reports summarizing testing completed
• Determining appropriate flight test methods to verify and validate structural design requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 5+ years of related engineering experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with aircraft flight test
• Minimum of 3 years of Aerospace structural analysis experience
• Extensive experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large FE Models of metallic and composite structures is required.
• Must demonstrate the ability to direct senior technical personnel in project assignments involving research, development, integration, and sustainment of complex systems or processes.
• Must use superior communications skills, both verbal and written, in day-to-day project activities as well as in briefing customers and in writing reports and proposals.
• Must possess planning/organizing skills and have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools.
• Experience working on Special Access Programs preferred.
• Experience working on military aircraft preferred
• Experience with analytical software (IADS, MATLAB, PTYHON, STAAD Pro ETC.) preferred.
Weekly TDYs to operating location departing Monday and returning Friday.
Active Secret Clearance required. Top Secret Clearance desired.
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.