Sr. Flutter and Vibrational EngineerLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6762 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Sr. Flutter and Vibration Engineer to join our growing team at Edwards Air Force Base in Palmdale, CA.
At MTSI, our more than 1,300 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
• Perform structural flutter and vibration analysis on metallic and composite airframe structures
• Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives
• Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines
• Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives
• Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness
• Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications
• Reviewing contractor and government prepared technical data to assess readiness for flight testing
• Writing and reviewing test plans for military aircraft structural flight test
• Participating in real-time execution of structural flight test programs in a safety critical role
• Reviewing and analyzing flight test results
• Writing technical flight test reports summarizing testing completed
• Determining appropriate flight test methods to verify and validate structural design requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 5+ years of related engineering experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with aircraft flight test
• Minimum of 3 years of Aerospace structural analysis experience
• Extensive experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large FE Models of metallic and composite structures is required.
• Must demonstrate the ability to direct senior technical personnel in project assignments involving research, development, integration, and sustainment of complex systems or processes.
• Must use superior communications skills, both verbal and written, in day-to-day project activities as well as in briefing customers and in writing reports and proposals.
• Must possess planning/organizing skills and have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools.
• Experience working on Special Access Programs preferred.
• Experience working on military aircraft preferred
• Experience with analytical software (IADS, MATLAB, PTYHON, STAAD Pro ETC.) preferred.
Weekly TDYs to operating location departing Monday and returning Friday.
Active Secret Clearance required. Top Secret Clearance desired.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.