Digital Engineer / Cloud Computing Architect (Senior)Location: El Segundo, California Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7069 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
MTSI is searching for a senior Digital Engineer / Cloud Architect professional to support transition and fielding of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. In this position, you will provide System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Space Systems Command (SSC). This SSC program office ensures successful delivery of a highly classified space portfolio and provides operations and sustainment for the lifecycle of these capabilities for US Space Force. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with a digital engineering ecosystem of technical programs. Additionally, the candidate will oversee and advise government program management across a full spectrum of interfaces, to include cloud computing architecture(s) with multiple mission partners. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
At MTSI, our more than 1,600+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose from. We support some of the most important and critical programs to our national security and defense within aviation, space, ballistic missile and unmanned systems. We specialize in Systems engineering & integration, modeling & simulation, acquisitions & program support, test & evaluation, mission assurance & cybersecurity to name a few.
As an 100% employee owned company where culture matters we all have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers and we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future! As our first core value stats, MTSI is an "employees come first" company with over 29 years of consecutive growth sense 1993 and a 91% retention rate across our entire organization, we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Check out MTSI's 4.7 rating on GLASSDOOR
Day one all new co-owners start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days + 10 federal holidays/year with (flexible schedules), semi-annual bonuses, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, and eligibility to participate in our Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account. We also offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan.
For additional company information: www.mtsi-va.com
As a senior level Digital Engineer / Cloud Architect with MTSI will work in a small, highly empowered team where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the program. Responsibilities span technology domains including space rated hardware, software, sensors, and processors in an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment. This SETA candidate will provide in-depth background on digital engineering and cloud computing architecture to improve program office insight into state-of-the art IC, DoD, commercial capabilities. You must apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership. This position will be located in the Los Angeles, CA area.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Collaborate to design and create DoD SAP Digital Engineering Ecosystem centered on a multi-level security, hybrid cloud-based (tech stack(s) connecting to cloud) architecture.
- Propose cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring.
- Ability to work with cloud architecture team and help with cloud migration, Data Security, and deployment strategy in cloud environments.
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes, and practices, including cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, and DevOps.
- Ability to work independently within a complex environment to evaluate issues and address questions from the internal and external shareholders about their questions regarding cloud Implementation/Migration.
- Proposes, develops, and implements digital engineering for technical projects.
- Oversees and advises government program management on integration across full spectrum of interfaces, to include coordination with multiple mission partners.
- Oversees program and capability documentation is sufficiently defined to operationally needed levels, oversees configuration and integration working groups, and coordinates with management to ensure interface definitions support delivery milestones.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written.
- Ten (10) years' DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience.
- Control Systems Engineering (integration of facility, ACS, Comm, Data IO, with off-prem I&AM systems).
- Software Integration engineering.
- Secure cloud engineering (to include ATO/ATC package development).
- Secure Stack/Data Center engineering.
- DevSecOps workflow engineering.
- Secure/virtualized Network Engineering.
- Cloud scale-out software (service) engineering.
- Designing network solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Iterative testing, development, deployment/installation, and operations of network architectural solution(s).
- Leadership in development of secure data communications using cryptographic devices, firewalls, etc.
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS).
- Five (5) years' of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI.
System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program office.
Understanding of space operational environment and corresponding mission user needs.
Subject matter expert on computer networking architectures and various topologies to include:
Experience supervising installation, configuring, & managing of network switches and routers (versed in OSPF, MPLS, SDN, routing/switching on Juniper and Cisco hardware platforms).
Experience with Active Directory, domain controllers, IP addressing, DNS, remote access, VLANs, and VoIP systems.
Experience in working networks at all classification levels (Unclassified/S/TS).
Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
Experience in planning and executing test campaigns for space systems.
Fluency with IC organizations.
- An applicable engineering degree from a from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or possess a Professional Engineering license.
- MA/MS/ME degree from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), (DESIRED).
- Full-time, on site in vicinity of Kirtland AFB, NM, and will require travel up to 30% of time within the continental United States.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 2 years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph.
- Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Full-time, could work remotely if willing to travel periodically to Los Angeles, CA for access classified networks as required—or to customer sites within the continental United States.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.