Space Systems DirectorLocation: El Segundo, California Categories: Acquisition Req ID: 2022-6633 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Space Systems Director to join our team. You will lead a diverse technical team providing highest-quality R&D solutions and services to the Department of Defense, across a spectrum of advanced and emerging technologies.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The Space Systems Director is envisioned to be a subject matter expert (SME) in program management and acquisition support with an operational and technical understanding of the initiatives throughout USAF and USSF that will enable ultimate delivery of these first-of-kind space capabilities. The Space Systems Director must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating space hardware and software. Success will rely on exceptional leadership skills, problem solving skills and a proven ability to collaborate and deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment. The Space Systems Director will be the focal leader in the company to advance MTSI’s interests in supporting SSC and will require close coordination/collaboration with all relevant leaders/stakeholders throughout the company.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience Exceptional communication, collaboration, and leadership skills. Proven ability to interface internally and externally at executive levels; ability to gain support and buy-in from all levels of leadership and staff. Excels at leading through influence with cross functional teams.
- Highly qualified solutions architect that possesses ability to comprehensively understand and clearly communicate to customers how company differentiated capabilities (SE&I, M&S, T&E, Cyber, Software Development, Digital Engineering/Acquisition, etc.) can solve their complex problems in a manner that is clearly discriminated from the competition.
- Exceptional and/or unique qualifications in development and fielding satellite systems
- Understanding of operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Knowledge of space system engineering, development, and manufacturing
- Experience in DoD program management including program development and transition
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, Statements of Work / Performance Work Statements, and risk management
- Ten (10) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI (desired)
- Experience delivering System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program office
- Fluency with IC organizations
- Experience with the following types of programs(desired):
- Rapid prototyping
- Integrated air, space, and cyberspace capabilities
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of ground mission planning architecture and software
- ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Planning and executing test campaigns for space systems
- An applicable engineering degree from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or possess a Professional Engineering license
- Relevant MA/MS/ME degree
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 5 years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph
Location / Travel Requirements: Full-time, on-site in vicinity of Los Angeles AFB, CA. Will require travel up to 30% of time within the continental United States.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.