C2BMC Engineer - 20% remoteLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6548 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a C2BMC Engineerto support MDA inHuntsville, AL.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Work as a key team member supporting the MDA’s C2BMC system. Provide support for a complex command and control system, individual system elements, interfaces, components, devices, and/or processes. Coordinate with multiple government leads and other contractors within the MDA.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of a small team under the direction/supervision of the Parsons team lead
- Direct interaction with, and accountability to the customer
- Support development and review of program requirements including system and element level specifications and Interface Control Documents (ICD) with a focus on Global C2BMC capability development.
- Support review of requirements verification and validation plans and results with a focus on Global C2BMC.
- Interface with Data as a Service (DaaS) entities or other external mission partners regarding external data needs and interface requirements requested of Global C2BMC.
- Coordinate and document results of internal and external program Engineering Review Boards (ERB) and Integration Configuration Control Boards (ICCB).
- Support development of system assessment plans and review of assessment results including Global C2BMC performance and algorithm assessment.
- Interface with MDA Engineering and C2BMC Engineering departments regarding Global C2BMC requirements and performance.
- Review of Contracts / Budget documentation (SOW, Tech Evaluations, etc.), as required
- Reduce overall risk to the government and C2BMC program (cost, time, and performance)
- Availability: Immediate
- Experience with the MDA, missile defense systems, and C2BMC
- TS//SCI//SAR - Active DOD TS, Current or Recent SCI
- 4+ years working on missile defense-related or other complex, large DoD programs/projects
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, or leading teams/tasks, applying engineering rigor to solve engineering/scientific problems
- Self-starter with enthusiasm and capacity to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve complex problems and track detailed information
- Work within a collaborative environment composed of Government, prime contractor, sub-contractor, and supporting contractor personnel
- Ability to interact and communicate in a professional manner with senior military and government leadership
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with C2BMC capabilities
- Understanding of the missile defense system, C2BMC, and current/future missile threats
Location: Huntsville, AL – 20% remote work capabilities
Travel: Local travel and some CONUS travel
Education: BS in a related field
Clearance Level: TS//SCI//SAR - Active DOD TS, Current or Recent SCI, US Citizen
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.