Ground System Equipment SW LeadLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7196 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Ground System Equipment SW Lead in Huntsville, AL. At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 28th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Provide sound software engineering and integration principals in support of U.S. Government oversight of software development, integration, prototype production, and test efforts for a new missile system.
- Provide software systems engineering & integration support.
- Effectively manage team software development activities for C2 and launcher.
- Review and evaluate software system technical specifications, designs, analyses, test plans/procedures, and technical data packages.
- Implement effective collaboration strategies with all project team members and external stakeholders to select the best courses of action in project software development decisions.
- Develop and present written briefings, analysis, and reports to government customer regarding SW Development metrics and software related budget, schedule and deliverables.
- Support prioritization, planning & execution of SRS level SW development with a focus on capabilities, safety, and cyber for ground system components
- Monitor execution of SW/SRS level SW verification activities and associated scheduling of any HW assets
- Support identification of future capability needs & current SW level limitations
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Government procurement processes
- Active Secret Clearance
- 4 years of experience supporting engineering for weapon systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of systems engineering and requirements analysis.
- Successful missile system development experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software engineering team to plan, develop, integrate and test system software capabilities on time and budget
- 3-5 years of experience in systems engineering for major defense acquisition program office or OEM.
- Knowledge of system interface requirements and requirements management as well as techniques to drive system behaviors.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.