Lethality Analyst - Sign on bonus includedLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7498 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Lethality Analyst in Huntsville, AL. Sign on bonus included!
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
The mid-level lethality analyst candidate will provide direct support to the lethality business unit lead
- Technical ability to run endgame lethality codes, KWEval and BALAGAN, produce output, and generate briefings and reports on findings
- Technical ability to interpret code output, identify trends, assess code stability, assess output integrity, inform code updates where needed
- Technical ability to support lethality M&S accreditation efforts. Regular and valuable interaction with the lead will include; emails, VTC and face-to-face meetings, status updates, TIMs, briefings and other contractual requirements.
- Self-motivated, possess strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, technically advanced, team environment.
- Skill to track program status, and adapt to changing/evolving milestones
BS (minimum) MS (desired) degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, or Physics/Math, and 2 to 5 years of direct experience in lethality modeling simulation and analysis, including VV&A. Experience must be directly related to running lethality codes and developing pre-post processing tools and databases to support file I/O sharing and output assessments (such as IsoPK plots).
Candidate shall have a technical background and the ability to understand basic ballistic missile and hypersonic systems lethality. Experience with lethality assessments, for direct hit and blast/fragmentation warhead kinetic energy weapons, engaging threat air and ground targets. Candidate must have experience building/running 3D CAD models and a desired capability developing interfaces between JTCG/ME target models in AJEM format and BALAGAN.
Highly Desirable Skills: Skilled in MS Office products, including development of Excel scripts for data analysis and plotting. Skilled in computer programming, FORTRAN, C/C++, DOS macros. Proficient in creating engagement scenarios taking system performance definitions and running in fast-running codes, such as KWEval and BALAGAN.
Clearance Requirements: Active DoD Secret clearance (Top Secret Clearance Desirable)
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.