Reentry Vehicle Systems Engineer - TCMLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6863 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Reentry Vehicle Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- Review and assess prime contractor computational fluid dynamic models and data products relative to program design requirements and performance objectives
- Perform trade space analysis, evaluating system and mission performance, and use the knowledge gained to guide the customer and prime contractor design cycle of new targets systems
- Effectively communicate results and issues with MDA, prime contractor, and FFRDC aerodynamics, thermal, and structural engineers, and interact daily with customers, team members, and end users
- Support prime contractor wind tunnel and flight tests to validate tools and analyses
- Identify and support to the resolution of complex engineering issues that can involve multiple engineering functional areas within MDA as well as at the contractor and FFRDCs
- Support the customer and prime contractors in identifying and evaluating innovative technical solutions leveraging best practices, prior lessons learned, and best engineering practices
- Represent the interests of the customer in Failure Review Boards, Working Groups, Integrated Product Teams, Engineering/Material Review Boards, and Technical Interchange Meetings
- Provide ongoing review and assessment of contractor program execution and technical requirements/data (specifications, analyses, test plans/reports) throughout program performance
- Review and provide comments on Prime Contractor Objective Evidence in support of major milestone reviews (e.g. SRRs, PDRs, CDRs)
- On limited occasions candidates may be required to directly conduct independent assessment to solve complex challenges associated with high speed systems to support oversight of contractor deliverable and/or failure reviews. This may include high Mach number CFD and heat transfer, high angle of attack aerodynamics, jet interactions, cavity flows, separation events, etc.
- Develop briefings and decision packages for Targets and MDA Leadership
- Travel to contractor and test locations CONUS/OCONUS (approximately 20% travel)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- MS or MA degree with 12+ years of relevant experience OR BA/BS degree with 20+ years of experience in lieu of Master's Degree
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Works independently and leads teams to analyze and resolve problems
- Must be able to provide daily supervision and direction to support teams
- Experience with the following disciplines: CFD tools, analysis, and application to high speed flows, Post processing CFD data, FEA tools and analysis, Thermal analysis tools
- Prior experience in system analysis and trade space analysis
- Candidates should have prior experience in performing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) on supersonic and/or hypersonic platforms and have recent experience in the CFD, thermal analysis, and structural analysis tools presently being used in the field
- Candidates should have experience in coupling CFD to structural analysis (FEA) and/or thermal analysis, with a preference towards integrating all three types of analysis
- Capability to develop and present reports and presentations to senior-level management personnel
- Familiarity with acquisition and systems engineering processes
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Technical proposal development and evaluation
- Prior experience working directly with prime contractors and FFRDCs on behalf of the government
- Minimum Clearance Required to Start
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.