Security AdministratorLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Security Req ID: 2022-7256 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
At MTSI, our more than 1,600 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Security Administrator desiring to advance their Industrial Security career to assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) with classified facility construction oversight and administration of security operations up to the TS/SCI level for the MTSI Huntsville Industrial Security program under the National Industrial Security Program (NISP). This position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- Assist the FSO and Industrial Security Team in security administration and compliance in accordance with MTSI Security Policies, Processes, and Procedures; 32 Code of Federal Regulation Part 117, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM); Director of National Intelligence Directives, including the IC Tech Spec – for ICD/ICS 705; and other applicable regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- SCIF Construction Oversight and Administration: Assist the Site Security Manager in developing and enforcing SCIF construction security plans, conducting periodic work site security inspections, documenting construction progress (including photo documentation), vetting construction workers, documenting security violations or deviations, maintaining quality control, and implementing procedures to control site access. Prepare needed SCIF accreditation documentation including Fixed Facility Checklists, government-required TEMPEST documentation, photo documentation packages, SCIF security operating procedures, emergency action plans, and other required artifacts.
- Personnel Security: Responsible for on-Boarding / termination activities, badging, fingerprinting, and supporting the security team in managing personnel security clearances and investigations.
- Facility and Physical Security: Support day-to-day secure facility administration including managing access controls, badging, and intrusion detection systems. Assist in secure area physical configuration, construction, and accreditation in accordance with ICD 705 and 32 CFR Part 117.
- Document and Asset Controls: Maintain accountability and control of classified documents and secure equipment (i.e., COMSEC, GSA Containers, etc.). Manage and maintain secure containers and locks.
- Security Operations Support: Assist in maintaining security information management systems, security program records, self-inspections, compliance assessments, data calls, etc.
- Security Education, Training, and Awareness (SETA) Program: Assist in providing Initial and Refresher Security training; Counterintelligence Awareness; Operations Security (OPSEC), and other special briefings
- Maintain strict confidentiality of company proprietary, personally identifiable information (PII), Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), etc.
- Observe all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company
- BS degree desired; minimum high School diploma and 5 – 7 years of Security related experience.
- Recent experience with SCIF construction and oversight
- Knowledge and understanding of security principles and government security regulations (i.e., 32 CFR Part 117 “NISPOM”, ICD 705, etc.)
- Familiarity with Scattered Castles; DCSA Portal (NISP Central Access Information Security Systems – NCAISS); National Industrial Security System (NISS); Defense Industrial Security Systems (DISS); Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) System
- Active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.