Senior Budget AnalystLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Finance and Accounting Req ID: 2023-7394 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Senior Budget Analyst to support PEO Missiles and Space in Huntsville, AL.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Supports an Army Aviation Project Manager’s Business Management Division with senior program/budget support. Ideal candidates have recent and relevant experience gained from providing similar types of support to DOD organizations or DoD contractors.
Minimum Position requirements:
- Experience with Funds Distribution, Purchase Requisitions, and Program Reconciliation, utilizing General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
- Experience collecting and analyzing Program Objective Memorandum (POM) data.
- Possess working knowledge of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Review, analyze, and interpret various GFEBS financial documents and reports, against established financial metrics.
- Knowledgeable of Army business processes regarding multiple types of appropriations to include Operations and Maintenance, Army (OMA), Aircraft Procurement Army (APA) and Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E)
- Experience with OMA Program Elements (PE) and MDEP’s, and Subactivity Groups (SAGs).
- Experience preparing OMA Spend Plans.
- Experience with OMA Reprogramming Process.
- Experience in funds execution, planning, and programming of OMA appropriation.
- Experience developing and defending POM requirements for the OMA appropriation.
- Reviews and consolidates SmartCharts (Program Reviews) input from multiple product offices.
- Renders input in preparation for high-level meetings with customers, senior Army officers and civilians, corporate executives, government action officers, and other vendors. This input may be narrative or charts and should be of a quality that little rework is required by senior analyst or PM.
- Experience with Joint Reconciliation Program (JRP) and Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR) support to include research and review of audit samples data from GFEBS for Open Commitments, Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs), Unfilled Customer Orders, Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable, and preparation of JRP packages for submission to Budget Submitting Office (BSO).
- Must have demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Position requirements:
- Experience utilizing the Project Management Resource Tool (PMRT) System.
- Experience utilizing the Comprehensive Cost and Requirement System (CCaR) application.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Education – BS in engineering, business, or operations research
- Minimum Years of Experience – 10 years concentrated in the functional responsibility area of the position to be filled
Travel: May require travel up to 5%.
Secret Security Clearance (Active) required; TS preferred
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.