Senior Weapon System Design and Specification EngineerLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6399 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Senior Weapon System Design and Specification Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MDA/SED implements and maintains the MDS-level systems engineering that produces system-level technical documentation in the areas of performance, functional, interfaces, and specialty engineering. The position is to mainly support the area of system performance but be able to cover the other areas when needed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Advanced role in the development, management, and planning for current and future capabilities as it relates to the MDS including requirement development
- Development and mentoring of basic personnel
- Review and provide analysis of MDS level requirements development, additions, and changes as well as provide quality checks on analysis, documentation, and presentations related to this area
- Coordinate with MDA stakeholders to identify and resolve any issues related to changes in system level requirements
- Review final documentation provided by SED National Team and elements prior to technical baseline submittal to ensure accuracy
- Lead Technical Interchange Meetings between government customers, contractors and MDA program office representatives
- Develop presentations for Technical Interchange Meetings and Boards
- Support processing of system documentation changes through the MDA corporate board process (MDA Engineering Requirements Group, System Engineering Integration Council, Integration Synchronization Group)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Master's Degree in STEM Field with 12 + years of relevant experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Previous systems engineering experience
- Basic knowledge of MDS nomenclature, system architecture and elements
- Excellent people, organizational, management, computer, and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and support product development in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment - must be a self-starter
- Understanding of the MDA Systems Engineering practices and processes
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.