Senior Program Management and Acquisition SpecialistLocation: Lorton, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7232 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Program Management and Acquisition Specialist to join our growing team in Washington, DC.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Senior Program Management and Acquisition Specialist you will provide program management and acquisition expertise and support for development, experimentation, integration, testing and sustainment of MDC3 programs.
Specific Job Duties:
- This position requires substantial organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to perform all functional duties independently, with little guidance.
- Ability to understand complex cost, schedule, and performance data, and make simple, actionable recommendations or easily differentiated courses of action.
- Support building and managing acquisition documentation, interface with contracting and financial managers, and assist with monitoring program execution.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be capable of developing briefings and reports accurately summarizing program performance and addressing key issues for senior USAF and OSD leadership, and other DoD offices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Required: 20+ years of related work experience
- Desired: DAWIA PM level III certification and no less than 2 years' experience in a SAP and/or SCI environment, with at least 1 year of that total being within the past 5 years
Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree desired
- TS/SCI (top secret/SCI)
- National Capital Region (NCR)
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.