SATCOM System Analyst (Journeyman - mid-level)Location: San Diego, California Categories: Software Engineering Req ID: 2022-6036 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
MTSI is searching for a journeyman (mid-level) SATCOM System Analyst to support Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) to Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) beyond projected MUOS End-of Life (EOL). The Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a journeyman (mid-level) SATCOM System Analyst with MTSI you will provide Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) to Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) beyond projected MUOS End-of Life (EOL). The Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band. In this position, you will provide Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Space Systems Command (SSC) encompassing the initial planning phase (e.g., AoA) for procurement of additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on capability to the MUOS program. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Performs all functional duties independently.
- Develop and implement a set of techniques or analytics applications to transform raw data into meaningful information using data-oriented programming languages and visualization software.
- Apply data mining, data modeling, natural language processing, and machine learning to extract and analyze information from large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Visualize, interpret, and report data findings.
- Create dynamic data reports.
- Support analysis of alternatives (AoA) through research to inform Government investment decisions.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written.
- Minimum three (3) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience on SATCOM.
- Ability to prepare, coordinate, and assemble technical data; deliver technical reports, preparation of technical briefing materials and technical reports.
- Experience with software integration or testing, including analyzing and implementing test plans and scripts.
- Experience with data science, data mining, statistics, or graph algorithms to support analytics objectives.
- Experience applying Structured Query Language (SQL), Non-Structured Query Language (NoSQL), Application Program Interface (API) Building, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) pipelines, Web Application Servers, or Search Index.
- Experience applying complex mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Experience applying statistical and operations research methods and tools.
- Experience employing spreadsheets for data manipulation and visualization.
- Seven (7) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience Narrowband SATCOM/MUOS.
- Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Government program office.
- Acumen for Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for future NBSC beyond projected MUOS End of Life (EOL).
- Understanding of space operational environment and corresponding mission user needs.
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition.
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) organizations.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree from an accredited college or university.
Primary looking for candidates to be in the vicinity of San Diego, CA, but open to discussing other location such as LA and COS with travel when required.
You will be required to travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States.
- Candidate must have active TOP SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility as a condition of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.