Space Logistics and Sustainment Analyst (Sr.)Location: San Diego, California Categories: Analyst Req ID: 2022-7067 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a senior Space Logistics and Sustainment Analyst to support the Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program at Space Systems Command (SSC). This professional shall provide administrative/technical support services in providing overall NBSC logistics support for the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS). MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band. In this position, you will provide Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to SSC for procurement of additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on capability to the MUOS program. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Space Logistics and Sustainment Analyst (senior) with MTSI you will provide support to the Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program at Space Systems Command (SSC). This professional shall provide administrative/technical support services in providing overall NBSC logistics support for the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS). MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band. In this position, you will provide Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to SSC for procurement of additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on capability to the MUOS program. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Perform all functional duties independently, with little guidance.
- Capture ILS related action items and track and manage them to resolution, support Command data call responses, and provide logistics support necessary to enable sustainment of the NBSC systems.
- Determine and/or evaluate the ILS impacts associated with proposed and approved MUOS configuration changes and oversee the implementation of ILS updates necessary to support the fielding of those changes.
- Support correction of functional defects, cyber defects, and hardware and software obsolescence as well as support training events as necessary.
- Oversee and manage all MUOS ILS SME assigned Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) classified and unclassified incidents to resolution/closure.
- Provide support for the monitoring and execution of NBSC Prime Mission Contractors (PMC).
- Advise and provide inputs to the Government on areas such as PWS/Task Order development, CLIN structure, evaluation criteria and execution of source selection.
- Support contract strategies, planning, coordinating, developing, analyzing, and issue resolution.
- Develop, collect, analyze and prepare metrics data for the PMCs.
- Provide sustainment engineering that includes collection, evaluation, and measurement of all service use and maintenance data and development of system Reliability, Maintainability and Availability metrics reports.
- Participate in root cause analysis of in-service issues and recommend solutions, oversee and participate in parts obsolescence and resolution activities, and recommend system design changes to improve reliability and control cost.
- Update, validate, and distribute MUOS logistics-related technical documentation such as Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), Job Description Task Analysis (JDTA), spares planning and provisioning, training conduct/support materials.
- Develop, update and employ studies, plans, reports and analyses such as Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Business Case Analysis (BCA), performance agreements, Depot Source of Repair (DSOR) agreements, and Property Management and supply chain management strategies necessary to ensure system readiness while controlling cost.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written.
- Minimum ten (10) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience on SATCOM.
- Knowledge of logistics and sustainment contracting policy, regulation, and statutes.
- Experience with developing budgets and operating plans for programs (program spend plans).
- Experience with analyzing and coordinating logistical functions of a firm, or organization.
- Experience with logistics management of the life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- Experience with support to implementation and management of program changes and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Experience with analysis of safety hazards, failure causes, effects, and trends, measurement of mean logistics delay time (MLDT) and mean time to repair (MTTR) and the consequential impact on system reliability and maintainability, and developing solutions to improve overall system readiness.
- Understanding of NBSC operational environment and corresponding mission user needs.
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management.
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS).
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience Narrowband SATCOM/MUOS.
- Specialized logistics experience with a Navy acquisition program or related/comparable Logistics experience with Department of Defense (DoD) agencies.
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition.
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) organizations.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree from an accredited college or university.
- DAWIA Level II in Life Cycle Logistics or equivalent certification or military experience.
Primary looking for candidates to be in the vicinity of San Diego, CA, but open to discussing other location such as LA and COS with travel when required.
You will be required to travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States.
- Candidate must have active SECRET clearance as a condition of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.