Cyber SETA SupportLocation: Washington, DC Categories: Cybersecurity Req ID: 2024-8724 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Cyber SETA Support to join our team in the Washington, DC area.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As a Cyber SETA Support with MTSI you will provide direct support to the Air Force Advanced Programs SAF/AQLQ Division Chief. Support includes drafting and communicating high-quality products (e.g., briefings, memos, DoD level guidance), analysis of, review of, and providing recommendations for complex and diverse policy and guidance (including internal and external reviews), as well as advising the Division Chief on programmatic and technical strategies, staffing and coordinating across the Department, preparing for meetings, and tracking and working actions critical to running the organization.
Other Duties Include:
- Interfacing with AFRL, Program Offices, Service Leads, external counterparts, and Senior levels of leadership (e.g., OSD).
- Overall, this role requires initiative, versatility, adaptability, a strong work ethic, and the ability and willingness to own and solve byzantine cross-DoD issues and challenges.
Required Skills, and Experience:
- Required: 10-15 years of relevant Department of Defense (DoD) or Intelligence Community (IC), work experience with no less than two (2) total years of experience in a SAP environment
- Highly desired: Knowledge and expertise of DoD (or service) HQ level policy, staffing processes, and organization responsibilities
- Desired: Working knowledge of DoD acquisition processes and DoD Science and Technology agencies
- Desired: Knowledgeable of DoD Programming and Budgeting processes.
- Required: Knowledge and expertise with MS Office products
- Required: Strong communication skills to include authoring documents/briefings and an effective communicator - able to convey complex concepts via written word, diagram, or briefing
- Bachelor’s Technical degree is Desired
- Current TS (SCI & SAP eligibility required); an active TS/SCI clearance is desired. Subject to a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Senior Cybersecurity Systems Engineer Washington,DC 03/01/2024
- Space Tactics Subject Matter Expert (SME) Colorado Springs,Colorado 11/14/2023
- Senior Information Assurance Technical Expert -Cloud Wright-Patterson AFB,Ohio 03/01/2024
Who we are at Modern Technology Solutions, Inc.
Get to Know: Brian Easly"What brought you to MTSI originally? I was working in Colorado back in 2010 with a MTSI employee who basically sold me on the company in the first couple minutes after talking about the culture, the benefits, and the growth potential."
Get to Know: Chuck GerakMTSI’s reputation of putting their employees first meant an opportunity to work alongside some of the best and brightest in the industry. By investing in employees’ personal and professional growth, it was clear that MTSI had successfully cultivated a culture that encouraged their employees to further their skills for the betterment of our customers, mission partners, and employees alike.
Get to Know: Eric SaundersMTSI’s leadership played a pivotal role in my decision to join the organization.
Get to Know: Nick Cote"What brought you to MTSI originally? I was intrigued by both the work and the company. The team was performing exciting, cutting-edge work for a highly engaged customer, and the core values and company recruitment pitch were wildly different from any other company in my experience."
MTSI Again Ranks on 100 Best Companies to Work For by Great Place to Work and Fortune MagazineGreat Place to Work® and Fortune ranked Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2023, coming in at 41st place.
MTSI is a Great Place to Work for MillennialsMTSI is a Great Place to Work for Millennials July 18, 2023 Great Place to Work® and Fortune magazine honored Modern Technology Solutions Inc. (MTSI) as one of the 2023 Best Workplaces for Millennials, coming in at number 5.
MTSI is Great Place to Work CertifiedMTSI is once again officially Great Place to Work Certified! According to the survey results conducted by the Great Place to Work, 99% of employees at MTSI say it is a great place to work compared to 57% of employees at a typical US-based company.
MTSI is a Great Place to Work for ParentsWith this text: Great Place To Work® has selected (MTSI) for the 2023 Best Workplaces for Parents™ List. This is MTSI’s 3rd time being named to this prestigious list, this year coming in at #24. Earning a spot means that MTSI is one of the best companies for parents to work for in the country.
The Gazette: Best Workplaces 2023MTSI has won The Gazette – Best Places to Work Honorable Mention for the Colorado Springs office! This is the teams third year placing as honorable mention.
Get to Know: Joseph GibsonMTSI has been an amazing landing spot following my active-duty career. Their priority of standing true to their Core Values and the embodiment of those values across the company make MTSI a great place to work.
Get to Know: Arthur BuiWhen I was debating what company to go to, I thought to myself, “what I am looking for”? A few answers came to mind: Longevity, Culture, and Benefits. MTSI has a 92% retention rate over the last 30 years and that stems from an employee first mind set, maintaining a great culture, and great benefits.
MTSI is the Best Place to Work in Dayton Again!MTSI is the Best Place to Work in Dayton! The Dayton Business Journal announced winners at an awards dinner last night. This is the 5th year in a row for MTSI in Dayton!
Get to Know: Hector CervantesI fortunately worked with several people at MTSI on other projects for many years. Even though I was happy at my former employer, they knew that MTSI would be a great fit for me.
Washington Business Journal Ranks MTSI #4 on Largest Cybersecurity Companies in Greater DCThe Washington Business Journal ranked MTSI #4 on its Largest Cybersecurity Companies in Greater DC list.
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.