Senior Program Management and Acquisition SMELocation: Washington, DC Categories: Program Management Req ID: 2023-7402 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Program Management and Acquisition SME professional to join our team. You will provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to achieve cost-effective, long-term, critical capabilities to support the war-fighting mission of the combatant commanders.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As a Senior Program Management and Acquisition SME professional with MTSI you will provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to achieve cost-effective, long-term, critical capabilities to support the war-fighting mission of the combatant commanders. This position will be located in the Washington DC area.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- You will work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and perform all functional duties independently.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Ability to understand complex cost, schedule, and performance data, and make simple, actionable recommendations or easily differentiated courses of action.
- Support building and managing acquisition documentation, interface with contracting and financial managers, and assist with monitoring program execution.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be capable of developing briefings and reports accurately summarizing program performance and addressing key issues for senior USAF and OSD leadership, and other DoD offices.
- 20+ years of relevant DoD work experience with no less than four (5) years’ experience in a Special Access Programs and/or SCI environment within the last five (5) years.
- DoD Program Management experience in executing effective and responsive integrated program management utilizing directed policies and procedures and earned value management system on one or more ACAT I and/or ACAT II acquisition programs for research, development, test, evaluation, production, modernization and lifecycle acquisition and sustainment activities of a DoD program.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Arts, Science, Engineering (MA/MS/ME).
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- DoD Program Management Level III Certification
- Top Secret, SCI Eligible; SAP experience within last 5 years or SCI in lieu of.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.