Senior Avionic EngineerLocation: Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7506 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Own Your Future.
Prospective candidate will provide direct engineering support to a major USAF aircraft program office. The candidate will leverage their engineering education and avionics systems experience supporting development, integration, test, and sustainment of a USAF major weapons platform. The individual must be familiar with avionics systems, requirements development, design, integration, test, certifications, and fielding of avionics systems. Must apply engineering concepts, processes, and procedures. The candidate will have performed avionics engineering evaluations of vendor designs and determinations of feasibility, schedules, complexities, and risks of associated development, platform integration and flight certification. Candidate must have a robust background, experience, and understanding of the integration of those systems to existing software and hardware framework of the platform to include interoperability, safety of flight, and airworthiness considerations and process.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
- Shall serve as an Avionics Integration Engineer with particular emphasis in tactical data link systems, position location, display systems, digital interphone systems, and identification capabilities for application to military operations.
- Shall support aircraft information management systems requirements, testing, certification, and spectrum management requirements, testing, and certification.
- Shall use knowledge of Communication Navigation Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) requirements, policies, and regulations to assist in defining requirements, complete CNS/ATM compliance matrices, and support testing and certification of aircraft and supporting systems.
- Shall communicate with other engineering functionals including but not limited to structures, crew systems, EMI, reliability and maintainability, manufacturing, and system safety.
- Shall support the development and integration of platform software requirements to include mission planning.
- Shall support information management assessment and authorization to include development of security controls, test approaches, and risk identification and mitigation to obtain an IATO or ATO.
- Shall assist in the interoperability certification process to include coordinating with Air Force Command and Control Integration Center for program clearance into Air Force System Operability Test and Joint Interoperability Test Command testing.
- Shall assist in performing engineering tasks in support of development activities including requirements definition, design, integration, test, and transition to operations.
- Shall provide assistance with the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System requirements management tool.
- Shall apply detailed knowledge of avionics engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods to include review of ICD, sustainment, modeling/simulation, T&E, and model based systems engineering.
- Shall perform analysis, requirement analyses, and system capacity analysis, investigate alternative solutions and architecture trade-offs, make assessments, support operations concept development, and document results.
- Shall support the review and development of draft systems engineering documents in support of milestone reviews and events.
- Shall perform work with other Government organizations and the prime contractor and their subcontractors to support technical information exchange and open communication on security A&A, frequency management certification, and interoperability certification.
- Shall participate in regular team meetings, TIMs, technical reviews, and ICWG meetings.
- Shall support the establishment of entrance and exit criteria, developing agendas, reviewing content, resolving action items, and coordinating the technical review of the results.
- Shall support hardware/software development and related system ground and flight test activities such as but not limited to: hardware-in-the-loop, subsystem integration labs, DT&E, and IO&TE related activities.
- Shall support airworthiness directives and assist in platform approval and certification.
- Shall utilize current MIL-HDBK-516 Airworthiness Certification Criteria to determine applicable requirements, and work with other agencies as required, to achieve a desired level of certification.
- Shall have relevant knowledge in the requirements identified in CJCSI6212.01F, Net Ready Key Performance Parameters Memo and shall be capable and knowledgeable in technical requirements associated with the preparation of the ISP.
- Shall advise and assist in engineering analysis necessary to achieve CCA statutory compliance by identifying information need, net-centric, interoperability, and supportability issues and assesses conformance to the DoD Chief Information Officer’s stated information policy and goals.
- Shall be capable of exploring the information-related acquisition program needs and the operational and functional capabilities that a program delivers or contributes to the warfighting enterprise.
- Shall advise and assist with documenting, identifying, and resolving potential information support implementation issues and risks that if not properly examined, will limit or restrict the ability of a program to be operationally employed in accordance with the defined capability.
- Position offers hybrid work from home/telework and in office support options.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Systems, Computer, or Software Engineering from an Accredit Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited university
- 15 years of experience in engineering and Avionics Systems Engineering supporting USAF aircraft/platforms
- Current SECRET clearance with eligibility for Special Access Program access
- Master of Science degree in Engineering
- Active TOP SECRET Security Clearance
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.