Systems Architecture SMELocation: Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6583 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Systems Architecture SME Part Time position. MTSI is a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: http://www.mtsi-va.com/
Candidate shall have Chief Engineer level engineering skills and credentials as well as knowledge and experience establishing, building, fielding, and sustaining secure, trusted, core processing architectures to include: definition and development of open mission systems architecture standards; identification of weapon system information assurance boundaries and definition and approval of security controls for each boundary consistent with the Intelligence Community Directive 503 Risk Management Framework; and development and coordination of comprehensive weapon system interoperability exchange requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support development and review of the full range of documentation and products required by DoDI 5000.02Demonstrated thorough working knowledge of FAR (including Sups)
• Assist with execution of the USAF Airworthiness process per MIL-HDBK-516 and the AF Life-Cycle Systems Engineering (LCSE) and Operational Safety, Suitability, and Effectiveness (OSS&E) processes as prescribed by AFMCI 63-1201.Demonstrated thorough working knowledge of government contract initiation, management and closeout procedures.
• Support implementation of Air Force Integrity Programs.
• Support requirements development, allocation, and verification.
• Support review and evaluation of weapon system design, analyses, and verification documentation and reports.
• Gather and develop technical and business data necessary to build and, as required, present program briefs.
• Support program meetings, working groups, and technical and business reviews as needed.
• Analyze equipment and software performance deficiencies make recommendations for corrective actions.
• Support development of contract and documentation changes and updates.
• Support source selections in a technical advisory role as requested.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or science.
• Twenty-five (25) years of relevant DoD experience.
• Ten (10) of these years must be broad, proven experience in government or industry leadership roles on major ACAT I aircraft development programs.
• Two (2) years minimum Special Access Program (SAP) experience accrued within the last four (4) years.
• Current TOP SECRET security clearance and SCI eligible.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.